May 21, 2018
Dear St. Hugh community,
Practicing patience is a way to show our love for reach other and for God. In school, we must be patience many times during our day. Learning patience is another way of showing respect for others. It helps us to wait for God to guide us and show us the best way to live.
May God bless you today, tomorrow and always.
Presently all classes are closed, except for 2nd, 6th & 7th grades.
A non refundable $75 application fee covers the application
and entrance exam, if applicable.
We appreciate your interest in Saint Hugh Catholic School.
Application for admission is as follows:
● Complete online application. A non refundable $75 application fee covers the application and entrance exam, if applicable.
● All students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade must take the entrance exam.
● Entrance exam is scheduled for January 27, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Students are to report to the school auditorium by no later than 7:45 A.M. Duration of the exam is approximately two hours.
● All students taking the exam must have the following documents uploaded to their application:
- Most recent report card from the current school year.
- Final report cards of the last two school years for students applying to second grade and up.
- Baptismal certificate
- Standardized test results from the last two years, when applicable.
- Family picture
● If unable to upload the documents, please email them to Mrs. De Castro at email@example.com. All required documents are to be received in the school office no later than Thursday, January 25, 2018.
● If applicable, Academic and/or Psychological evaluations are required for all students entering PreK to 8th grade.
● Complete recommendation forms from current school are required for all students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade.
● St. Hugh Church parishioners are to include the parishioner number on their application.
● Non– St. Hugh parishioners must provide a letter from their parish prior to admission.
Tuesday, May 22nd
7th grade field trip to Biscayne Nature Center
4th grade In-House field trip
Thursday, May 24th
5th grade field trip to the Frost Museum
Friday, May 25th & Monday, May 28th
TIP works with students, their families, and educators to identify, recognize, challenge, engage, and help students reach their highest potential. Now in its thirty-eighth year, the 7th Grade Talent Search identifies bright seventh graders based on standardized test scores achieved while attending elementary or middle school. Candidates were invited to take the ACT or the SAT college entrance exams as seventh graders, which allowed them greater insight into their academic abilities.
Congratulations to the following students for their state recognition and for all that participated in the Duke Tip program.
Luciano Assunto (State Recognition), Nicole Miquilarena (State Recognition), Nicolas Rodriguez Almerini (State Recognition), Ana Cruz, Diego Espinosa, Sofia Santa-Cruz.
The St. Hugh community congratulates our ISSF STAR STUDENTS
This award recognizes excellence in all developmental areas! The students received this award at a special luncheon dedicated to outstanding students in the Miami-Dade Private Schools community.
Congratulations to their parents for this accomplishment! May God bless you today, tomorrow and always!
-Mrs. Fernandez and Mrs. Salavarria.
The 8th grade accelerated Science students along with their Science teacher Mrs. Salavarria and principal, Mrs. Fernandez attended the National Future City Competition in Washington DC.
Over 40,000 students from across the country and China took part in this competition. Only a little over 450 students in 44 teams were selected from across the Nation and China. It is with great pride that we THANK our students, Mrs. Salavarria, Mrs. Soto and the parents for this accomplishment. Our school won the Protecting the Public's Safety and Welfare through Competent and Ethical Engineering Practices Award.
St. Hugh's participation in the Future City Competition was featured on "FIU News"! Click HERE to read the article!
Congratulations to the following participants:
Jessica Abadin, Jason Aguiar, Justin Aguiar, Andrea Altamirano, Emiliana Antelo, Victoria Avila, Maria Cardano, Gabriel Colmenares, Isabella Gonzalez, Helene Lobree, Sofia Milo, Lucas Oestreicher, Bella Pennekamp, Eduardo Rodriquez, George Ros, Olivia Samur, Zachary Suarez, Margaux Courtney, Danielle Medina and Natalia Milo.
School tours are available by appointment once a month. If Interested, please e-mail Mrs.Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an appointment.