March 19, 2018
Dear St. Hugh community,
Sacrificing in charity and kindness for the good of others can happen in small ways each day. This is especially true in families where each member must sometimes give up something he or she wants for the good of the household. Engage in family discussion about sacrifice as a part of family life. No matter what the sacrifices, strive for making them with a cheerful and generous attitude.
May God bless you today, tomorrow and always.
A non refundable $75 application fee covers the application
and entrance exam, if applicable.
We appreciate your interest in Saint Hugh Catholic School.
Application for admission is as follows:
● Complete online application. A non refundable $75 application fee covers the application and entrance exam, if applicable.
● All students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade must take the entrance exam.
● Entrance exam is scheduled for January 27, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Students are to report to the school auditorium by no later than 7:45 A.M. Duration of the exam is approximately two hours.
● All students taking the exam must have the following documents uploaded to their application:
- Most recent report card from the current school year.
- Final report cards of the last two school years for students applying to second grade and up.
- Baptismal certificate
- Standardized test results from the last two years, when applicable.
- Family picture
● If unable to upload the documents, please email them to Mrs. De Castro at email@example.com. All required documents are to be received in the school office no later than Thursday, January 25, 2018.
● If applicable, Academic and/or Psychological evaluations are required for all students entering PreK to 8th grade.
● Complete recommendation forms from current school are required for all students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade.
● St. Hugh Church parishioners are to include the parishioner number on their application.
● Non– St. Hugh parishioners must provide a letter from their parish prior to admission.
Monday, March 19th
1st & 2nd Grade
In-House Field Trip
Tuesday, March 20th
No Sibling Pictures
Wednesday, March 21st
1:00 P.M. Dismissal
After Care Available
*Reminder* the following after school programs are not offered on 1:00 P.M. dismissal:
Thursday, March 22nd
1st-3rd Grade Book Parade
8:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Friday, March 23rd
School Mass 8:00 A.M
Student of the Month
Sunday, March 25th
The 8th grade accelerated Science students along with their Science teacher Mrs. Salavarria and principal, Mrs. Fernandez attended the National Future City Competition in Washington DC.
Over 40,000 students from across the country and China took part in this competition. Only a little over 450 students in 44 teams were selected from across the Nation and China. It is with great pride that we THANK our students, Mrs. Salavarria, Mrs. Soto and the parents for this accomplishment. Our school won the Protecting the Public's Safety and Welfare through Competent and Ethical Engineering Practices Award.
St. Hugh's participation in the Future City Competition was featured on "FIU News"! Click HERE to read the article!
Congratulations to the following participants:
Jessica Abadin, Jason Aguiar, Justin Aguiar, Andrea Altamirano, Emiliana Antelo, Victoria Avila, Maria Cardano, Gabriel Colmenares, Isabella Gonzalez, Helene Lobree, Sofia Milo, Lucas Oestreicher, Bella Pennekamp, Eduardo Rodriquez, George Ros, Olivia Samur, Zachary Suarez, Margaux Courtney, Danielle Medina and Natalia Milo.
2017 Division Champions | St. Brendan High School
Academic Olympics 1st Place
2017 Division Champions | Christopher Columbus Scholastic
Olympics 1st place
Student Council 2017-18
President: Andrea Altamirano
Vice President:Justin Aguiar
Secretary: Isabella McCartney
Treasurer: Olivia Samur
8th Grade Rep.: Jessica Abadin & George Ros
7th Grade Rep: Bruna Egea & Daniel Gonzalez
6th Grade Rep.: Carolina Alvarez & Sophia Janulionis
Event: K.L.E. VEX IQ Tournament
This past Saturday, September 30th a few select St. Hugh 8th grade students participated in the VEX IQ Challenge for Robotics. Our students did a wonderful job representing our school and ranked an average of 22 points within the competition. We are very proud of their effort.
Helene Lobree - 8th grade
Andrea Altamirano - 8th grade
Zackary Suarez - 8th grade
School tours are available by appointment once a month. If Interested, please e-mail Mrs.Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an appointment.